Do you have a lot of interesting videos? Are you wondering how to make video promotion more attractive to your target audience? Maybe Video Ad Sequencing is exactly what you need! In this article we will take a look at its possibilities and things you should beware of.
With Video Ad Sequencing, you can tell viewers the story of your product or brand by showing a series of videos in the order that you define. Campaigns run on YouTube or video partner sites on the Google Display Network and they are ideal to reinforce a message or step up the interest in the product or brand.
Each Video Ad Sequence campaign is made up of a series of “steps”. One step means one video ad. After the viewer sees the first step, they can see the second step and so on until all the steps in the sequence have been shown.
The following ad formats can be used:
- TrueView in-stream ads
- Bumper ads
- Combination of TrueView in-stream and bumper ads
Things you should beware of:
- Bidding strategy depends on selected ad format; CPV (cost per view) can be used with TrueView ads, otherwise only CPM (cost per mile) is available.
- Only audience and demographic targeting are possible. You are not allowed to target with keywords, placements or topics; however you can set all targeting options at least as exclusions on campaign level.
- There is default frequency capping (1 sequence per person in a 30 day period). Previously you were able to choose your own frequency capping with campaign’s goal “no goal selected” - however it is no longer possible.
- Never change steps in your running sequence campaigns - if you do so, keep in mind the following - some viewers will not be able to finish the sequence, others will get again to the start. All of that will logically cause the inaccuracy of the metrics reported in Google Ads.
- If you choose to remove some of the steps in your campaign, keep in mind that the video sequence may be cut off for the viewers that have already been hit by any of the videos. However, if the viewer has already seen the deleted video, the sequence remains intact and the next video runs in order.
To learn more about the work of our Google Specialists, read more articles on our blog.
We at Business Factory cannot wait to see the first results of Video Ad Sequencing. And what about you? Did you try, or do you plan to try this type of video campaign?
Published: 14. 5. 2019
Google Ads Specialist
We’ll take your business to the next level.
In 2019, we want to double the amount spent on managed ads to 40 million euros
Last year we managed our clients' investments in online advertising of an amount of € 20 million. Thanks to the growth of our five branches, we expect...Read more
Our campaign for Raiffeisenbank has shone in the IEA18 competition
Third place in the Internet Effectiveness Awards is the success for Business Factory! And many congratulations should go to Lenka Multáňová. With her...Read more
5 Tips for Foreign Online Campaigns
The economy is at its height. Companies are thriving and are not afraid to expand abroad. In their initial enthusiasm, they create a new website, plan...Read more